Development Technology Technician – GIS
NextEra Energy Resources, LLC
In the competitive energy business, NextEra Energy Resources stands for clean energy. We develop, construct and operate power plants to produce electricity. We have invested – and will continue to invest – in a clean-energy tomorrow for future generations. Our expertise is in wholesale and retail electricity and project development and construction, as well as in offering customers the energy products and services they need. Our parent, NextEra Energy, Inc., is a leading clean-energy company with 2009 revenues of more than $15 billion, nearly 43,000 megawatts of generating capacity and more than 15,000 employees in 27 states and Canada.
- GIS Technician
- The GIS Technician will be responsible for GIS database development, Spatial Analysis, and Map Production in an ESRI ArcGIS environment to ensure a successful Enterprise GIS implementation.
Position Roles & Responsibilities:
- Compiles geographic data from a variety of sources including censuses, field observation, satellite imagery, aerial photographs.
- Gathers, analyzes and integrates spatial data from staff and determine how best the information can be displayed using GIS.
- Designs and update databases, applying additional knowledge of spatial feature representations.
- Enters new map data by direct input of coordinate information using the principles of cartography including coordinate systems, longitude, latitude, elevation, topography and map scales.
- A strong understanding and mastery of land survey principles and legal descriptions including metes and bounds and Public Land Survey System (PLSS).
- Designs and creates special map and digital products as assigned using predefined procedures, knowledge of GIS data and required GIS skills.
Education & Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in geography, information systems, information technology, land planning, or urban & regional planning.
- Required experience of at least 2 years with ESRI ArcGIS
- Experience and/or academic work in one or more fields applicable to GIS applications including land resources, land planning, land records, environmental resource management.
- High proficiency in communication, written, oral and cartographic skills – the ability to convey GIS spatial information to non-GIS users.
To apply: Go to www.nexteraenergy.com/careers and apply for requisition 1101662 – Development Technology Technician – GIS